Ministry Lead – Robin Jordan
Email – email@example.com
Phone: 843-342-3034 or 412-296-3401
Meetings – To be announced in the Bulletin
Mission: The Diocese of Charleston Ecumenical and Inter-religious Affairs Commission initiates and supports activities within our diocese for the promotion of full, visible unity among Christians and cooperation among religions.
Build on what is already in Place: Continue to build upon the present activities of the office and commission for ecumenical and inter-religious affairs including:
- Parish Ecumenical Representatives and the Annual Training for PERs
- Involvement in the SC Christian Action Council
- Involvement in the Lutheran-Anglican-Roman Catholic-United Methodist Covenant
- Catholic-Jewish Dialogues
- Involvement in Partners in Dialogue, an inter-religious organization
Education: Provide increased opportunity for education in ecumenism and the values of inter-religious dialogue to the people of our diocese.
Dialogue with Evangelicals: Develop avenues for increased dialogue with Evangelicals, especially Baptists, in South Carolina.
Communication: Develop and implement a communication plan in support of the office of ecumenism, the work of the commission, networking of PERs, and the education of the laity. This plan will include ongoing and regular dissemination of information via newspaper, newsletter, and/or other media.