Contact: Ron Angner
Meetings: Meetings will be scheduled and announced as needed to support program requirements.
Welcome Home Ministry: Welcome Home is a program for Catholics who are thinking about returning to the Church. Its objective is to reunite inactive Catholics to the church and help them to understand more clearly the Church and its teachings.
Ministry Mission Statement:
To provide a welcoming environment to all inactive Catholics so that they can have an intimate union with Jesus Christ, for it is only He who can shatter the darkness of our lives with the light of his love.
The Welcome Home Ministry
The Welcome Home Ministry uses materials from the Awakening Faith program as the foundation for conducting the program sessions. The resulting process is a method of Evangelization outreach that equips a parish to successfully invite and welcome inactive Catholics.
The program includes 6 core sessions and 4 optional sessions that are designed to acquaint participants with the basic truths of the Catholic faith in an inspiring and meaningful way. Each session includes a balanced process of input, discussion and prayer. The program gives our Welcome Home Ministry leaders the tools they need to invite inactive Catholics back to the Parish and offer them additional follow up opportunities to participate more deeply in the parish.
The six core sessions:
- Session 1: Spirituality: What’s the Buzz?
- Session 2: Who is Jesus?
- Session 3: Do We Need the Spirit?
- Session 4: Can I Accept God’s Mercy?
- Session 5: Can Mass Make My Life Meaningful?
- Session 6: The Church and Me
The four additional sessions:
- Session 7: Is Faith Possible Today?
- Session 8: Searching for Love
- Session 9: Marriage, Divorce and Annulment
- Session 10: Money and the Treadmill of Life
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Key to the success of the program is the pro-active assistance of all our parishioners. We need:
- Welcome Home Lead(s) – loving, outgoing, and welcoming folks whose faith and love of Jesus shines like a bright star – Jesus’ love for all shines thru them. These folks are responsible for being contacts for anyone showing an interest in coming back to the church. They are responsible for explaining our program and bringing interested people along and encouraging them to participate in our program. These people would also act as the program facilitators.
- Ambassadors – people with big welcoming smiles that will act as greeters and hosts during the program sessions and at various times in the narthex of the church.
- Prayer Partners – people that pray for the success of the ministry and also may be assigned to pray for a specific individual that is considering coming back or has made the decision to come back to the Church.
- Set-up/take-down – people who are willing to set up, clean-up the room(s) and provide refreshments for the sessions.
If this vibrant ministry at the forefront of the Church’s message of evangelization and hope “calls out to you” or you simply want to learn more, please contact Ron Angner, 843-686-6037, for more information.
Web links to other pertinent sites:
Awakening Faith Site: www.awakeningfaith.org
Suggested reading materials:
Rediscover Catholicism by Mathew Kelly