Safe Environment Programs
Mitzi Weaver, Safe Environments Coordinator
Victim Assistance – If you have been abused by a member of the clergy or any other representative of the Church, please contact the Victim Assistance Coordinator, Louisa Storen, (843) 856-0748 or (800) 921-8122.
We at St. Francis by the Sea are committed to creating an environment where all children and vulnerable adults are safe. We have instituted safe environment programs to assure the safety of our children. One is the Safe Haven – It’s Up to You for Adults. Another is Teaching Touching Safety which is being given to all children in the school, Religious Education program, and Youth Group, unless their parents opt them out of coverage.
Safe Haven – It’s Up To You Training
Safe Haven – It’s Up To You Training and background screening are mandatory for all church personnel and volunteers who have access to children and/or vulnerable adults as part of work or ministry. Safe Haven Training is designed to help our community create a safe environment by empowering us to recognize and prevent sexual abuse.
The Teaching Touching Safety program is directed to children and is taught on an age specific basis (Kindergarten through High School) and will help them with their own personal safety.
How To Complete Safe Haven- It’s Up To You Training
To complete the training, follow these four easy steps:
- Go to https://charleston.cmgconnect.org to complete your new online safe environment cirriculum
- Create an account.
- Start and Complete Safe Haven-It’s Up To You Training curriculum. If your ministry requires you to drive, you must also complete the Safe Haven – Defensive Driving curriculum.
- When finished, return to the “Dashboard” and download and print your certificate. Then, submit the certificate to Mitzi Weaver, Safe Environment Coordinator (SEC), St. Francis Catholic Church. You may either mail or e-mail your certificate – 45 Beach City Road, Hilton Head, SC 29926 or e-mail email@example.com.
OFFICE OF CHILD PROTECTION SERVICES FOR THE DIOCESE OF CHARLESTON
POLICY OF THE DIOCESE OF CHARLESTON CONCERNING SEXUAL MISCONDUCT OR ABUSE
- Diocese of Charleston Policy Concerning Allegations of Sexual Misconduct or Abuse of a Minor by Church Personnel
- Diocesis de Charleston Politica con Conducta Inapropiada o Abuso Sexual de un Menor de Edad por el Personal de la Inglesia
- Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People
- How to Report Allegations of Sexual Abuse
- Como Presentar Denuncias de Abuso Sexual
- Victim Assistance Brochure
BACKGROUND SCREENING FORMS, RECEIPT OF THE POLICY, AND CODE OF CONDUCT
- Screening Forms – Church Volunteers – English
- Screening Forms – School Volunteers – English
- Screening Forms – Church & School – Spanish