Ministry Mission Statement: Mass Coordinators make certain that everything is arranged and ready for the celebration of the Mass. Coordinators also serve as liaison between the celebrant and the lay ministers at each Mass.
Current Volunteer Activities:
- Maintain sign-in sheets for each Mass: Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, Lectors, Altar Servers, and Ushers.
- Greet and be able to identify all lay ministers serving at the coordinator’s Mass.
- Verify all scheduled ministers are present for their assigned Mass. Recruit additional volunteers if any ministry position is not covered.
- Re-confirm any unusual circumstances for a Mass with lay ministers when appropriate.
- Inform the celebrant of any unmanned ministries five minutes before Mass and make adjustments as needed.
- Welcome visiting priest and, if requested, provide any details on the liturgy or lay ministries.
- Gather together the lay ministers for prayer with the celebrant five minutes before Mass.
- Provide names of parishioners who express an interest in a lay ministry.
- Submit a completed ministries report after each weekend liturgy.
Click on this link to access the Ministry Scheduler Pro Scheduling Website