200th Anniversary of our Diocese
Help is Needed to Prepare to Celebrate the 200th Anniversary of our Diocese
Next year, 2020, will be the 200th anniversary of the Diocese of Charleston. To support this important anniversary, Bishop Guglielmone is putting plans in place at the Diocesan and Deanery level to celebrate this momentous occasion and has asked that each parish develop its own plans to celebrate the anniversary in conjunction with the diocese. There is a lot of work to do over the next 12-15 months in our parish not only planning our own celebration, but also supporting the Diocesan and Deanery celebrations.
We need your help in four area:
- To be a member of the "Core" group which will be supporting and managing the celebrations at the Diocesan, Deanery, and parish levels.
- To support the parish picnic this year which will have a 2020 theme celebrating the history of our parish and Deanery.
- To support the fundraising activity that is being led at the Diocesan level.
- To be a part of a committee that will determine the disposition of funds that will be returned to the parish as a result of the Diocesan fundraising - the parish will receive 50% of the funds we raise in the Diocesan campaign.
- Other activities that will be determined through the planning efforts of the "Core" team
If you would like to be a part of these exciting activities, please fill out the form below to contact Ron Anger.