Palm Sunday - April 1st
4:45 p.m. & 7 p.m. (Spanish) Mass - Palms will be blessed on the plaza, weather permitting.
Palm Sunday, April 2nd - Mass times - 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and Noon
Tuesday, April 4th - 8:30 a.m. Mass only - Priests in Charleston at Chrism Mass
Holy Thursday - April 6th - Mass - 6 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. in Spanish
Good Friday - April 7th - Service begins at 3 p.m. & 5:00 p.m. - Spanish
Holy Saturday, April 8th - Vigil will begin no earlier than 8:15 p.m. - English - Church and Spanish - Gym
Easter Sunday, April 9th - 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m. (both Church and Gym), 10:30 a.m. (both Church and Gym), Noon, and 5 p.m. in Spanish
April 10th - 14th - 8:30 a.m. Daily Mass only
Monday - 8:30 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
Tuesday - 8:30 a.m. & 11:30 a.m. & 7 p.m. Spanish
Wednesday - 8:30 a.m. & 10 a.m. SFCS Mass
Thursday - 8:30 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
Friday - 8:30 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m.
WEEKEND LITURGY -
Saturday - Vigil - 4:45 p.m.
Saturday - Vigil - 7 p.m. - Spanish
Sunday - 7:30 - a.m.
Sunday - 9:00 a.m.
Sunday - 10:30 a.m.
Sunday - 12:00 p.m.
If you require a low-gluten host, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to mass time and request one from the Sacristan or an Usher.
Holy Hour - Thursday at 3 p.m.. (Confessions will be heard)
Divine Mercy Chaplet - Church
Friday at 3 p.m.
Confessions will be 15 minutes before each Daily Mass in the Church Confessionals. Saturday evening Confessions from 3:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m.in the Church. If your loved one is in need of Last Rites, please use the pager - 843-533-1757
Easter Parish Office Hours - The parish office will be closed beginning on Thursday, April 6th and will reopen again on Tuesday, April 11th at 7:30 a.m. Questions, please feel free to email us!
Current Mass & Funeral Schedule
- Mar 29 2023 11:00 am - Church Closed
- Mar 30 2023 9:30 am - Bible Study - Romans: The Gospel of Salvation
- Mar 30 2023 3:00 pm - Benediction and Adoration
News from the Vatican
12 years as leader of the largest Eastern Rite Catholic community: the Ukrainian one
03/27/23 8:21 pm
Throughout these 12 years, I have felt that the Head of the Church is God, Jesus Christ, and I am only His hands, mouth, or face acting in His name, said His Beatitude Sviatoslav on the air of the United News telethon on the 12th anniversary of his enthronement.
The post 12 years as leader of the largest Eastern Rite Catholic community: the Ukrainian one appeared first on ZENIT - English.Read More
How Are Good Friday’s Alms Allocated? Here Is the Data
03/27/23 4:16 am
The Church has also managed the alms of all Catholics who contribute them on Good Friday, subsidizing school activity.
The post How Are Good Friday’s Alms Allocated? Here Is the Data appeared first on ZENIT - English.Read More
WA counselor asks US Supreme Court to protect his First Amendment freedoms
03/27/23 3:31 am
Trian Tingley, a licensed marriage and family counselor in Tacoma, Washington, is challenging a state law that prohibits certain private client-counselor conversations and counseling goals that the government disfavors.
The post WA counselor asks US Supreme Court to protect his First Amendment freedoms appeared first on ZENIT - English.Read More
Welcome to our faith family! We hope you will feel at home at St. Francis and will share your faith experience and talents with your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. By worshipping and working together, may we more perfectly reflect the glory of God and help bring about His Kingdom.
- Reverend Michael Oenbrink, Pastor
- Reverend Max Tria, Parochial Vicar
- Reverend Christopher Loester, Parochial Vicar
- Reverend Jose Quilcate, Parochial Vicar, Hispanic Ministry
- Reverend Mr. Gerard Hand, Deacon - Retired
- Reverend Mr. Dave Ritter, Deacon
- Reverend Mr. Patrick Sheehan, Deacon - Retired
- Ms. Andrea Smith, Principal - St. Francis Catholic School
- Mr. Dion Jenks, Parish Finance Office
- Ms. Jennifer McGlynn, Director of Adult Faith Formation
- Ms. Colleen Rzeczycki, Director of Communications, Safe Environment Coordinator
- Ms. Lisa Screeton, Director of Music
- Mr. Bryan Goll, Director of Maintenance
- Ms. Mitzi Weaver, Director of Religious Education
- Ms. Merideth Johnson, Parish Secretary
- Ms. Carolina Rozo, Assistant to the Hispanic Ministry
- Ms. Pam Slawson, Finance Office Assistant
- Ms. Sarah Dempsey, Admin. Finance Assistant
- Ms. Jan Halstead, Sacristan
FlockNote Sign Up
Readings for the week of March 26, 2023
- Sunday: Ez 37:12-14 / Ps 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 (7) / Rom 8:8-11 / Jn 11:1-45 or
- 11: 3-7, 17, 20-27, 33b-45
- Monday: Dn 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62 or 13:41c-62 / Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 / Jn 8:1-11
- Tuesday: Nm 21:4-9 / Ps 102:2-3, 16-18, 19-21 / Jn 8:21-30
- Wednesday: Dn 3:14-20, 91-92, 95 / Dn 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56 / Jn 8:31-42
- Thursday: Gn 17:3-9 / Ps 105:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 / Jn 8:51-59
- Friday: Jer 20:10-13 / Ps 18:2-3a, 3bc-4, 5-6, 7 / Jn 10:31-42
- Saturday: Ez 37:21-28 / Jer 31:10, 11-12abcd, 13 / Jn 11:45-56
For the Youth Minister, please email Mitzi Weaver.
Please click on the photo above to Email Andrea Smith
St. Francis Photos
SAINT OF THE DAY
St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2023
03/29/23 6:00 am
Considered by some historians to be the founder of the Carmelite Order. He was born in Limoges, France, and proved a brilliant student at the University of Paris. Ordained a priest, Berthold joined his brother, Aymeric, the Latin patriarch of Antioch, in Turkey, on the Crusades. On Mount Carmel he found a group of hermits, joined them, and established a rule. Aymeric appointed Berthold the first Carmelite superior general. Berthold tried to reform the Christian soldiers in the region, having ...Read More
St. Venturino of Bergamo: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 28, 2023
03/28/23 6:00 am
Dominican preacher and missionary crusader. A native of Bergamo, Italy, he joined the Dominicans in 1319 and soon distinguished himself as a brilliant preacher, attracting huge crowds throughout northern Italy. Pleased with his ability to reach large numbers of believers, he announced in 1335 his intention to go on a pilgrimage to Rome. When Pope Benedict XII (r. 1334-1342) learned of the pilgrimage, he feared Venturino might be planning to crown himself pope, and so forbade the friar to ...Read More
St. Rupert: Saint of the Day for Monday, March 27, 2023
03/27/23 6:00 am
Bishop and missionary, also listed as Robert of Hrodbert. A member of a noble Frankish family, he was appointed bishop of Worms, Germany, and then dedicated himself to spreading the faith among the Germans. With the patronage of Duke Thedo of Bavaria, he took over the deserted town of luvavum about 697, which was renamed Salzburg, Austria. Rupert founded a church, a monastery, and a school; brought in groups of missionaries; and established a nunnery at Nonnberg with his sister, Eerentrudis, ...Read More