Bicentennial Campaign News
In 2020, the Dioceses of Charleston will celebrate its' 200th Anniversary. Associated with this anniversary, there will be many celebration events as well as a Bicentennial Campaign to raise money to evangelize by making the Kingdom of God present in our world providing an environment which will welcome the projected growth of Catholics who will become members of our diocesan community of South Carolina. In the Bishop's words "our Bicentennial Campaign will strengthen our parishes and mission across our 46 counties to serve our people, enhance statewide programs and ministries, and help those who suffer by acting as the hands and feet of the Body of Christ." The Bishop is dedicated to combating the rise of secularism which is becoming more prevalent in our society. You will be hearing more about his exciting opportunity and the ways you can help by giving your time, talent, and treasure.
We will publicly launch this campaign in our parish the weekend of February 15th and 16th with a short presentation at each Mass, describing the campaign in more detail. As part of this campaign, we will be raising money for three exciting projects in our parish:
- Enhancing the technology in our school
- Refurbishing our Church
- Renovating our parking lot
For the next few weeks, we will have an artists rendering of the Church interior and the parking lot in the Narthex along with samples of the materials we are planning to use in the Church.
We are very excited about these projects and hope you will join us in the campaign.
If you would like to make a pledge online, please click on the logo below.
Because our parish is participating in the Bicentennial Campaign, we are exempt from the Bishops' Annual Appeal in 2020. Here are more specific details:
- All online non-recurring gifts for the Bishop's Annual Appeal will end on December 31, 2019 and will not start again until the parishioner starts another non-recurring gift in 2021.
- All online recurring gifts will continue during 2020and will need to be stopped. Ann Durney in the Charleston Stewardship office (1-842-261-0437), should be contacted to stop recurring payments.
- The pink BAA envelopes may be included in the packets sent to parishioners, but contributions do not need to be made.
- Any letters with requests to participate in the BAA may be ignored.
If you have any questions, please call the Parish Office.