St. Francis Thrift Shop
Contact: Hal Wieland, General Manager
- Donations will be accepted around the back of the store only on Tuesday - Saturday, 9 a.m. until Noon or until we have reached our daily capacity for donations. Gates will be closed without notice when our daily capacity for donations is reached.
- We will have non-contact donation where tables for clothes will be outside the back door
- If customer takes from car, customer will directed to place on table
- If they need assistance, we will ask that they stay in car while we remove from items from the vehicle
- We are not scheduling any pick-ups at this time.
Hours of Operation For Shopping
Tuesday - Friday - 12 p.m. until 4 p.m.
Saturday - 10:00 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Tuesday - Saturday - 9 a.m. until Noon
Pick up and Donation Questions - 843-689-6563
Ministry Mission Statement: The St. Francis Thrift Shop shall be a model outreach ministry that benefits the community and St. Francis Catholic School.
Current Ministry Activities: Our Retail Thrift Shop provides furniture, clothing and household items to the needy at no cost through referrals from local outreach groups and surplus items to Missions serving the homeless and needy.
FRANCIS THRIFT SHOP is in need of volunteers in all capacities. In the up front operations we need additional cashiers, staffing of our jewelry sales counter, and in furniture sales. Another need on the furniture side of the operation is for a few men during non-shopping hours Tuesday-Friday hours (8:30 -10:00 a.m.) to come in a few times a week to assist in the rearrangement of furniture on the sales floor. Please contact the Thrift Shop, 843 689-6563 or in person at 6 Southwood Park Drive to fill out a volunteer application and to get more information about our volunteer positions.
About St. Francis Thrift Shop
Founded in 1999, the St. Francis Thrift Shop is a model of outreach ministry benefiting local charities and St. Francis School. The Thrift Shop sells gently used clothing, furniture, and other items at bargain prices, and also give clothing and housewares, all donated by generous Hilton Head Island and Bluffton residents, to the needy at no cost.
In May of 2015, the Thrift Shop added an expansive new furniture gallery. This expansion combined with a consistent marketing/advertising campaign, have helped increase sales significantly. However, success depends almost entirely on the support of the local area and the hard work and dedication of many volunteers.
THRIFT SHOP COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Gus Kane - Facilitator
- Bart Bubnell - Finance Council Rep
- Ann Casavant
- Karen Cleyrat
- Eileen Fitzgerald - Grants Committee Chair
- Tammi Henry
- Dave McWilliams
- Steve Remke
- Judy Sturm - Non-Voting Secretary
- Kirby Sullivan
- Bill Taylor
- Ron Zmuda
- Dion Jenks - Ex-Officio
- Hal Wieland - Ex-Officio
St. Francis Thrift Shop
6 Southwood Park Drive
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
Website: St. Francis Thrift Shop
HOURS OF OPERATION
Tuesday - Friday 12:00 to 4:00 pm
Saturday: 10:30 am – 3:00 pm
DONATIONS AT BACKDOOR ONLY: TUESDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY - 10 A.M. UNTIL 2:00 P.M. OR UNTIL WE REACH CAPACITY.